Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Want a Toddler Meatball Sandwhich

So, back to our cheating ways... let's get out our left over meatballs from this meal okay? Ya know the toddler cranberry meatballs? If you don't have any left over meatballs... then pour some marinaria sauce in a pan and add meatballs. Heat on low for 20 minutes and there ya go!

Get out a hot-dog bun. The whole wheat variety. Don't even get me started on white bread. I strongly believe there's no reason for white bread in our children's bellies. If they don't know there's such thing as white bread then they won't prefer it. Stepping slowly off my soapbox....

What you'll need per child:

1 Hot-Dog Bun (wheat)
 2 oz. Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Frozen Broccoli
 1 Meatball
1 oz. Chili Sauce
2 oz. Cranberry Sauce

Okay, cut the hot dog into thirds and place a warmed up meatball into each piece of bun. Next, grate a little cheddar cheese on top. When I grate cheese for toddlers, I use thickly grated cheese. Easier for them to pick off and less chance of it being... how do you say?... MUSHED into tiny crevices. When I made this last time I actually grated using the GIANT grate. and then grated some on the side as well.
I like this kind of grater:



Next of course add your already cut fruit to the meal... or a toddler fruit stick!


Then heat up and steam some broccoli in the microwave. Usually 2 minutes in the microwave is long enough. I cover it in water, then pour the water off and run cool water over it. It cools it way down to a good toddler food temperature quickly. Again add pepper...



And there ya go.. toddler meatball sandwiches!


Grocery List:
Hot-Dog Buns (wheat)
Cheddar Cheese
Frozen Broccoli
Fruit
Meatballs
Chili Sauce
Cranberry Sauce

0 comments:

Post a Comment